Slimming World Begins Again! With Chicken Curry Recipe!

So yet another month has rolled around after new years which seems like yesterday and I still haven't got my arse in to gear! As of 6 days ago anyway! My slimming world journey began again and I'm really excited and feeling confident to give it another go, like I was every other time before! In the last 6 days my scales are telling me I have lost 3 pounds which of course I am over the moon about! This has happened every time I started my journey and I feel like this time I need something else to keep me on track which is exactly why I'm going to start blogging about it! This is the first one so hopefully it won't be too terrible and you'll come back for more.

Instead of doing a day 1, day 2 kind of scenario I'm going to tell you every couple of days how much weight I've lost, what I'm loving at the moment and a new recipe for you to try out at home. Of course I will talk about my struggles and times I've went a small bit off plan cause I know those days will come and there's no point pretending we live in a perfect world now is there.

The first thing I want to give a mention to are Fibre One Brownies, I know when trying to lose weight I need to include a lot of Fibre in my diet to keep things moving along, if you know what I mean! These little brownies only have 4.5 syns in them, contain 5 grams of fibre and taste pretty amazing in my opinion! I eat one daily, enjoy it, and it aids my weight loss! Win Win! You can get them in Dunnes and Tesco for €3.99 a box.

I found this little chart on pinterest so decided to just stick it in here because I have been finding it super helpful ever since! It's just a breakdown of what syn value to give things going on their calories, now this is mainly for chocolate, sweets and crisps but if you are ever in doubt about something that isn't in one of these categories it's still a helpful guide to give you a rough idea!


RECIPE 
The recipe I have decided to include in this post is Chicken Curry, just in time for the weekend and all! I made this last night and thought it tasted absolutely gorgeous, with this recipe I use a butternut squash soup as the base so I'll be describing how to make that too cause it's absolutely gorgeous to eat for lunch or whenever and completely syn free!

So for the butternut squash soup you'll need:

1 whole Butternut Squash
6 Carrots
1 Large onion
4 sticks of celery
2 cloves of garlic
2 chicken stock cubes
water
Low calorie cooking spray

To make the soup:

1) Add some Low calorie cooking spray to a deep pot and add the chopped onion and chopped butternut squash to it and let fry for 2 minutes.

2)Then add your carrots, celery, garlic and stock cubes with just enough water to cover!

3) Let it simmer for 45-50 minutes and then blend to smooth consistency with hand blender.


For the curry you'll need:

500 ml of butternut squash soup (or however much sauce you want)
4 chicken breasts
1 onion
2 tbsp of mild curry powder
1 tsp of Garam Masala spice blend
Low cal cooking spray

To make the curry:

1) Spray deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, then add chicken and onion to pan and fry until brown.

2) Add in your curry powder and garam masala, stir.

3) Add in your butternut squash soup and mix everything together. Let simmer for 10 minutes.

4) Serve with rice, chips and speedy veg if you wish.


I hope you all really enjoyed this post on my slimming world journey! If you ever have any questions about Slimming World or anything I talk about on here please don't be afraid to ask! Either comment it underneath or get in contact on Twitter or Instagram!
THANKS FOR READING!


Thursday 24 March 2016

0 comments