Skincare Essentials For All Skin Types and Issues! Part 1: Normal Skin with Redness/Sensitivity! (Current Skincare Routine)

There are many ways to help reduce facial redness! Redness can be caused by a lot of different things but normally it's because your skin is sensitive so I would always recommend to use products for sensitive skin which is why this post is going to cover both problems! It's also my current Skincare Routine if anyone is wondering!

Exfoliating
When it comes to exfoliating with red and sensitive skin I would recommend not to as mostly it will just irritate the skin more making it appear even redder. Although sometimes when my skin isn't looking the best I will reach for the VMV hypoallergenics mild mannered cleansing scrub! This is specially designed for skin that is easily irritated so it perfect to smooth it out on those dull days we all have!

                                                     



  Cleansing
The current cleanser I've been using is the L'oreal Plenitude Re-Nourish Cleansing Milk and it's perfect for my sensitive skin. I picked this up in Boots recently for an amazing €3.33 and it removes my makeup excellently and leaves my skin feeling smooth and refreshed.






Toning
Like my current cleanser, my current Toner is from L'oreal and it's their Skin Perfection Velvety Soft Toner! The name does not tell a word of a lie as this toner feels super soft on the skin and leaves your skin feeling amazing! Again for an amazingly cheap price of €3.53, so I think there is no harm in picking this product up and giving it a go.







Moisturising

Moisturiser is so important for us gals with sensitive/red skin as it soothes and calms the skin after cleaning, which is exactly what our skin needs! My personal favorite when it comes to moisturiser is Simple and I really don't mind which one as they are all equally great! The one I'm currently using is the Kind To Skin Replenishing Rich Moisturiser, this little baby really does keep your skin feeling supple all day long and is a perfect base for your makeup too at an awesome €3.86 in Boots.
 

Eye-Cream
I love a good eye-cream, as even though i'm young I tend to get dark circles. Keeping around your eyes moisturised is really important if you're going to wear makeup around them as it's one place it will tend to crack if it's not soft. Although this is true, if you put too much moisture around your eye, makeup won't sit properly and it will slide off. This is why you need an eye-cream and it is not enough to just use a thick moisturiser around your eye! The one I recommend and am currently using is the Simple Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On as I've found it's really helped to diminish my dark circles and brighten up my eyes! It's currently €4.99 in Boots!

Masks
My all time favorite masks are from Quick Fix Facials! They have a tone of different ones for whatever your skin issue may be but for sensitive and red skin I use the Brightening Peel Mask once/twice a week and find I can't live without it anymore! It brightens my skin and helps diminish my uneven redness, win win! It's only €4.33 in Boots and you'll get 10 masks out of it which is great! I really couldn't recommend this brand anymore if I tried so really all it takes is for you to go try it now!

 

Thursday 31 March 2016

0 comments