BLOGSQUAD Athlone Review!













So last weekend me and my mum headed down to Athlone to see all our favourite bloggers and snapchatters in action! I must say we had an absolutely brilliant time full of laughs, fashion, makeup and food, obviously!

The event was on in the lovely Athlone Springs Hotel which was beautifully set up for the event with lovely pink lighting, center pieces and of course goodie bags, which everyone dug into within seconds! The bags I must say were brilliant, they included:

Simple Micellar Water
Vaseline Spray Moisturiser
Sure Cotton Dry
Wet and Wild Megaslick Gloss
Wet and Wild eye shadow pallet
Wet and Wild Megalast nail polish
Tantastic Self Tan Lotion
Blank Canvas E23 Brush
Perfectil Skin, Hair and Nails Tabs
Nia Facial Cleansing Balm
Palmers Shampoo Sample
JWD Tea Drink

I've tried a few items from the bag already and I'll just quickly tell you what I'm loving! The Vaseline spray moisturiser is literally one of the best products I've ever used, it's super moisturising obviously and dries in seconds which is amazing cause no one likes to get into bed sticky! It also smells like coco which makes it all the better! I'm also loving the Nia facial cleanser, as far as I know Nia is an Irish Company which uses all organic ingredients! The cleanser works amazingly to remove all makeup and leaves your skin feeling soft and fresh! If you want me to go into further detail on what I thought about everything in the bag just let me know, these are just my standout favourites!

Anyway getting on to the happenings of the event! First out was James Butler (@james_patrice) https://jusdejames.wordpress.com/ as he was the host, if you know James you can probably imagine the laughs that were had when he was on stage! A brilliant host who really kept everything light and kept the show on the road! He makes everyone comfortable within seconds with his dirty humor and mortifying everyone in the audience!

First of the speakers out was Joanne Larby (@themakeupfairypro) http://www.joannelarby.com/! Joanne spoke about what she did before blogging, how she got started and struggles she has had in her life! I must say for a blogger starting out like myself she is a major inspiration and from what I could see is an overall lovely woman with an amazing work ethic! I can't wait to pick up her book Fairy Tails as soon as possible cause it really looks like a great read!

Next to speak was Rosie Connolly (@rosieconxxx) http://heartsheelsandhandbags.blogspot.ie/ ! The first thing I have to say about Rosie is how absolutely stunning she is! She first did a fake tan application tutorial and then a little later spoke about skincare! She had a lot of really great advice and I'm now a pro at tanning my hands after she gave me the genius idea of mixing the tan with a little moisturiser and applying it with a makeup brush, no more crazy brown hands!

Ursula Walsh (@momfitnessdiary) http://momfitnessdiary.blogspot.ie/ was next to give a talk on healthy eating and fitness and I have to say if you are lacking motivation you really need to follow Ursula! I am the worst person in the world for motivation but ever since I heard her talk I have been in the gym most evenings and making healthier food choices! Her motto "You Gotta Want It" is always in my head now whenever I feel I'm losing motivation, her blog has so many delicious recipes and workout routines that you literally have no excuse anymore!

After all that we had some delicious afternoon tea with cakes, sandwiches, scones, profiteroles, the whole shebang, felt a little guilty after Ursula's talk but it was still well enjoyed!

After our lovely tea, with full bellies on us all, we enjoyed Lisa Jordan's (@justjordan_ie) http://www.justjordan.ie/ brilliant makeup demo! She is an amazing artist who literally had the whole room in stitches the whole time she was on stage. She also has the most amazing style and wore a gorgeous shirt from the new Alexa Chung collection in Marks and Spencer! It's gonna cost you €53 if you want to get your hands on this baby and it's selling out fast, so what are you waiting for? Don't mind me, go on get it! Buy Here!

Last but certainly not least all the girls came out again at the end and did a Q&A which I must say was my favourite part of the whole day! It was fun and they had no problem answering any questions the audience had to ask! Even if some of them were a little invasive in my opinion! Overall I had a fantastic day and would recommend heading to the next blodsquad event that will be on! I'm fairly sure they are finished for the summer now but will be back later this year!

I really hope you enjoyed this post and as always if you have any questions or requests don't be afraid to ask!

Instagram: missneumeister
Facebook: Trendy Irish Gal
Twitter: MissNeumeister
Snapchat: chlomeisterx

Wednesday 27 April 2016

0 comments