Top 5 Eateries in Drogheda!

When it comes to restaurants Drogheda definitely has it all! No matter if you're having a family dinner, light lunch with friends or a romantic evening I've got you covered.

5) Bia
No matter what you're looking for Bia has it, breakfast, lunch and dinner! Breakfast in Bia ranges from a full Irish with all the trimmings to a stack of pancakes with cream and fresh berries! When it comes to lunch and evening meals they have a massive menu to cater to anything you fancy. They have quite an extensive stir fry menu and everyone I've ever been there with loves them, my personal favorite being the chicken satay! Bia is also extremely child friendly so a perfect place to bring young children when you're feeling like something a little more civilized than McDonald's, which is obviously super tasty too!  

4) The Bare Food Company
This is the place to be for all the health conscious and anyone who loves a delicious bit of grub! Everything in The Bare Food Company is prepared on site and is sugar free! I've been here a few times and have decided my favorite thing on the menu is the chicken skewers which come with sweet potato fries, side salad, and their own home made slaw! This dish is so tasty and filling that you forget you're eating healthy and you really feel great after eating it! The Bare Food Company is great for everyone but personally I love to come here with my mum and have a chat over delicious food, win win!

3)Tangos 
Tangos is the ultimate treat for anyone who loves Chinese food, but be warned you must I repeat must be starving to enter this restaurant. I have been here many times with family, friends and my boyfriend and every time I've left completely stuffed and satisfied. Tangos is an all you can eat restaurant but not like any you've been to before as they serve the food to the table! It costs €23 Sunday to Thursday and €26 Friday and Saturday per person! Eat as many starters as you can as they are simply delicious and the portions are small so try as many as you can! The cheese and chicken rolls are my personal favorite so give them a go!

2) WM Cairns & Son 
This gastro pub is perfect for a good meal and a night out with friends! It always has a buzzing atmosphere and the staff are a delight. Like most gastro pubs their menu consists of chicken wings and burgers but with a good range of salads and other mains! As I said the atmosphere really is great for a night with friends, the drinks flow and the crack is mighty!

1) The Eastern Seaboard
Now this restaurant has quite the reputation as one of the best restaurants in Ireland not to mind Drogheda and by god does it live up to that reputation! I have been here on many occasions and just keep coming back for their food which I simply just can't find fault with. Before any food even arrives they give you a loaf of freshly baked bread for the table with butter and I'm not lying when I say this is some of the best bread I've ever tasted! My starter of choice is always the chicken wings cause they are simply divine, I simply can't talk this place up enough! For mains my usual would be pulled pork with sweet potato fries/regular fries or mash potatoes! This is what in my family we call a 'taste sensation' (a running joke) cause you really won't get anything like it anywhere else! I give the Eastern Seaboard a 10/10 for everything and come here absolutely whenever I get the chance, hopefully soon!

I really hope you enjoyed this post! As always please don't hesitate to ask any questions you have and if you have any requests please just let me know.




Wednesday 13 April 2016

0 comments